VvS+OR Register of Biostatisticians
Employers, government institutions and society at large increasingly make demands on biostatisticians who set up and analyse biological, medical and agricultural research. For this reason the VvS+OR, in cooperation with BMS-ANed, inaugurated the Register of Biostatisticians in 1999. This register guarantees that a biostatistician – in the opinion of the occupational group of statisticians in the Netherlands – has sufficient theoretical knowledge and experience to be able to function as an independent biostatistician. For more information, see the site of the biometric section at < http://www.bms-aned.nl/dnn/Registration.aspx >.
Statistical Analyst A-VVS
Direct offered courses by the VvS+OR are not continued. However, the VvS+OR, recognizes courses as equivalent to the level of "Statistical Analyst-A VVS". The society lists these VvS+OR candidates who have met the specified requirements of these courses, to the "Statistical Analyst-A VVS' register. Then, these canidates receive the "Statistical Analyst-A VVS" certificate together with the course diploma. The Statistical Analyst-A register is available at the VvS+OR secretary.
The board of the registration committee Statistical Analyst A-VVS consists of the following persons:
- Prof. Dr Alfred Stein (ITC - Chairman)
- Prof. Dr William Albers (UT - member)
- Dr Bert van Es (UVA - member)
The recognized courses:
- Statistical Analyst A-VVS, NHL
- Business Mathematics, Hoogeschool van Amsterdam
- Business Mathematics Academy of Engineering, The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Tilburg Business Mathematics, Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
- Mathematics and Applications (Information techonology), Inholland University of Applied Sciences Amsterdam / Diemen
- Opleiding Onderzoeksmedewerker, Tridata: Instituut voor toegepaste statistiek en data-analyse.